Video chat can be a tricky thing. But it shouldn't be tricky for you. That's why we worked hard to revamp the video chat experience.
Device settings for camera and microphone
Now you can control your camera and microphone device settings right from within the video chat component.
- View which camera and microphone devices are available on the computer for the video chat feeds
- Preview the video and microphone output
You'll now see a Share Screen button in the video chat toolbar that enables you to share things like x-rays, ultrasound, and lab results with your clients during a video call.
BONUS: Auto-Hiding Toolbar
You might have missed it, but we also enhanced the video chat toolbar to hide when not in use to get out of the way during a video call and reappear upon hovering over the video chat component.
You'll now be able to see how a call is going by looking at statuses for:
- Network signal for each user
- Audio output and notice for if a user is muted
- Participant names joined in on the call
- A timer to keep track of how long the call has been going on
- Live call indicator to know if you are still connected to the video call room
Getting Started Helpers
For anyone trying to set up your first video call on a device, we have more contextual queues to help make sure your microphone and camera are set up properly.